No, it is not what you are thinking...or maybe it is. We are not sure. Whatever it is, Hoyer got into it last night around 7 pm as I was cooking dinner. He was at my feet the whole time, I was cooking salmon, went to flip it over in the pan, looked down and saw this little blue pill in his mouth. I freaked. My first instinct was to finger sweep it out, which I did and is how I retrieved what you see above. I had no idea how much he ingested or if I had in fact caught him in the act of putting it in his mouth, but to be safe, I did the finger sweep again, this time going far back. He then proceeded to vomit 2 times on the carpet. EEK! I googled poison control who told me since we didn't know what kind of pill it was that I should go straight to the ER. They were able to recommend Baptist Children's Hospital, which was only 2 miles away. That was when panic mode set in for me. All the thoughts about what in the world he had put in his mouth kept rushing in my head. Who's was it? A previous tenants? Kyle and I have no medication in the apartment, none, not even Advil, nothing, it had to be a previous tenants. Then I started thinking, it looked like Aleve, but who knows, it could be a street drug or that other little blue pill. OMG, get us to the hospital!!! Where did he get it? He must have gotten it from under the fridge or somewhere where the vacuum misses and the maids miss and only a little finger could reach down and grab someone else old dirty pill and smack on it! I threw Hoyer in the car seat and set out for the hospital, where in the world is the hospital?? My GPS couldn't keep up with me and I was in panic mode. My mother-in-law can attest to that, she was on the phone with me, a registered nurse and a way to get in touch with Kyle, whose phone kept going to voice mail in SPANISH!!! Finally a jogger pointed me in the right direction, then a police man who was pulling someone over told me I had passed it, as you can see from the pictures, it looks like a freaking hotel, so I finally arrive, all the while Hoyer is sound asleep? He wasn't making noise and I so scared. (I soon found out he was just asleep.) I pulled into the ER and thew my keys at the valet, so nice to have a valet at a hospital, but I don't know what he thought of me. I got Hoyer signed in, he was awake and acting himself 100%. Laughing at the nurse, I felt like an idiot trying to explain what had happened. I felt so bad, but the nurse assured me I did the best thing I could have done. I mean, you babyproff everything and he finds someone elses pill under the fridge?! Kyle finally called and things began to calm down, I mean I began to calm down. I don't know where I get the overreaction thing from....could it be my mother?
Side note....my mom had to recently rush my dad to the ER from a woodworking accident, lets just say, my dad thought he was going to die from the car ride.......not the woodworking accident. My dad is fine now, by the way, just minus a finger, but who needs a left thumb? Right?.........

Lets end on a happy note...Here he is in his new walking shoes...Crocks. He isn't walking on his own, but he walks when I hold his hands or when he holds on to my legs. Oh, and he gives kisses now, make the fish face and dances up a storm when any jingle comes on TV. He is adorable and we are so glad he is well.
And here he is playing with straws. He loves straws these days. If you have a drink with a straw, you better watch out, cause Hoyer is going after it.
3 comments:
Oh My goodness!!! So happy all is ok!!!!
Kiss that precious Hoyer for me! So enjoyed seeing yall in Dec although it was way to short and we didnt get to hang out with the babies!! Hugs and Kisses!
omg kathleen! thankful that all is okay. you are a great mum. i am glad all is fine. how vert scary! great that the hospital experience went well. hoyer is growing so much. love his long legs! miss you.
So glad everything turned out fine. It was a scary several hours and I was thrilled once I heard he was okay. Let us know how the follow-up goes with the pediatrician goes. Miss you all!
Post a Comment