Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Roux In A Cast Iron Skillet?

That's right, I've been home in Louisiana, found my cast iron skillet and got to making a roux, among other things, just like old times. Sometimes only this skillet will do. I got my own cast iron skillet when was 22, it was a Christmas present and purchased at Smith Hardware in Covington, La. My dad carefully showed me how to season it, clean it, and store it. I have packed my smaller one and it will be making it's way to HK soon. I am not sure if I could even find one in HK, didn't bother looking though cause I like mine, seasoned to perfection. These skillets get better with age and I look forward to aging mine with a little Cajun-Asian cuisine!






Don't forget to follow my less perosnal journey though Hong Kong at rouxinawok.blogspot.com


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I love mine and it probably helps that it was given to me by my grandmother. And she isn't sure if it is hers or her mothers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails