Tuesday, November 3, 2009

America, I am happy.

Wow. There is so much I love about America. It has been 48 hours since we stepped foot on her soil and already I am overwhelmed by 1) Customer Service 2) Choices of things to consume 3)Great Food 4) Friendly people 5) Nice Hotels. Maybe I took all this for granted when we used to live here, but now it all sticks out like a sore thumb.
We are staying at a Marriott that has a full size kitchen, ( with huge stainless steal appliances and washer and dryers!) The biggest flat screen tvs in each room, wonderful office area, huge bathroom, King Size memory foam bed, it is so nice. Breakfast every morning and beer/wine and dinner Mon-Wed. Plus the rooms are cleaned everyday, sheets changed twice a week. Do you think we will ever leave??? Across the street is a super wal-mart. Now, it has been forever since I stepped foot in a wal-mart, probably since college, I turned into a bit of a Target snob soon after. But, this wal-mart across the street is brand new and it is awesome. We were able to get everything we needed ( not food, we made a special trip to Whole Foods for that...) in one stop. A phone, ( pay as you go is the future according to Kyle) baby bedding ( temporary until we move in to our house and I can get Hoyer's nursery fixed up, but very cute for now) toiletries, detergent, a water filter, I mean we got it all, so easy and people were so nice, even strangers were nice. Wal-mart is back on my good list.
Whole Foods was a great trip too, so much to choose from. Now our big fridge has food! They even have an international aisle with English foods! ( International Aisle could be the perfect name for the American Aisle we have been begging Whole Foods in London to bring to their store!)

For now, we are so happy. When Kyle leaves on Sunday, we will be sad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails