Wednesday, November 27, 2013

If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.



People stop me now and often say the same exact thing, "You sure have your hands full!"  I was laughing about this with a friend who was once an expat in HK who is the mother of 5 beautiful children, including twins.  She told me her standard line to that remark is, 

 "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart." 

What a great way to remember to be thankful.  

Sometimes I want to roll my eyes and agree with the comments, and say, "Yes, this is crazy, it's so hard!" And I want to complain about it. Sometimes I just want to roll my eyes and say, "You have no idea!" And sometimes I just want to ignore the people looking at me like I am crazy.

  But, from now on, every time I hear, "You've got your hands full!" I will be reminded  that my heart is more full and I can then live in a thankful state. 

I will be reminded to be thankful for the gift of life with each comment made by passers by, I can be reminded that my heart doubled in size the moment I saw those two boys on the screen 8 weeks into their life, that my life is busy, but so fulfilled and full of love.  
I will use the comments, (which are mostly innocent and nice, just plentiful...) 
to remind me that I am so blessed and my cup runs over.  

Yes, my hands are full, but so is my heart.

I am thankful today and always for my beautiful family.

Happy Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails