This week I am completely humbled.
I found myself complaining about our living situation in Hong Kong, bringing Kyle down my path of wanting answers, feeling unsettled, stress and pure desire for more, more, more.
Yes, it has been tough trying to figure everything out in HK and living in temporary housing is not ideal, and some days I think nothing will change and things never go our way. Blah blah blah.
Frustrated I set out for a walk around Lantau Island. I had no idea that God was about to open my eyes to my selfishness.
Passing the marina filled with beautiful expensive boats, fashionable apartments and people, I started to feel ole jealousy spring up, but a small sign to the right caught my eye and I turned down a path toward a little beach with small fishing boats for rent.
I was pushing Hoyer in the pram and the narrow concrete path led us to a part of Discovery Bay I did not know existed. Winding through the path, the scene in front of me brought me to tears. I wish I could say they were tears of sorrow for things I saw, but I was crying because I was so humbled.
I felt so embarrassed that I had prayed so hard for more things, a bigger house-nicer furniture- when right around the corner, my neighbors are living with no roof at all, and I certainly have more than a roof over my head, much, much more than that.
How could I complain? How could I do anything but get on my knees and thank God every second of every day for the blessings he has bestowed upon me and my family?
I don't know why it is so easy to get caught up in the material world, or why it is so easy to forget to say thank you to God, but I do know that God wants us to come to him in all circumstances. And on this day, that is exactly what I did.
God stopped me in my tracks and showed me just how silly and human I am. I got lost in this old world and forgot just how blessed I am.
I know that a home is where your family is and I have my precious boys here in Hong Kong with me and we are making our home a place that serves the Lord. What more can I ask for?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
4 comments:
BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing! Love u!
sweet kat! true, true, true. many times i find life passing me by too quickly, my schedule getting filled quicker and quicker and forgetting to give thanks to God, who makes it all possible.
miss you all.
lovefest.
kat- what a great post. miss you.
Beautiful. It's humbling when we realize just how much we actually have.
Post a Comment