The Princess and the FrogYou may be surprised that I took an almost 10 month old to the movies on a Monday night. You may have visions of a restless, tired baby, unhappy as can be in a dark movie theater making it miserable for everyone. If that is what you imagine, you haven't met Hoyer Benefield. The child loves movies. This could be because I brought him along to the Electric Scream in Notting Hill every Monday for a movie in London. Or it could be the fact that we don't have TV in our new house yet, just Internet that is mysteriously available, I think I am stealing someone else's, shh don't tell, and so, without TV Hoyer is more interested in movies? Perhaps he loved this movie so much because it was set in New Orleans? Maybe, or maybe he is just a freaking genius, too smart for his own good. Yeah, lets go with genius. I am sure GG and Nan will agree with me on that.
So let me change the image of a 10 month old at the movies for you. Picture a row to ourselves, 6 other families with young children scattered throughout. Hoyer in his own seat, weighed down by the diaper bag. Poor dear, I placed him down and it looked like the seat was going to swallow him, good thing I have so much stuff in the bag, it worked well keeping his seat down. He had his blanket, a little chewing toy and a cup full of animal crackers in his lap, a sippy cup of apple juice in one cup holder and a bottle in the other. Hoyer enjoyed the movie from his own seat for a while. Then the voodoo part was a little scary, he looked over at me and reached out, so I brought him into my lap, he kept on chowing down on the animal crackers, finished his bottle and watched the rest of the movie sprawled out on my knees and chest. Not once did he cry or make noise. The most he ever did was wave his arms in the air when the cartoons sang. He loved it.
It was a treat for me to get out of the house, see the movie and eat candy. Looks like more mother son movie dates are in my future.
No comments:
Post a Comment